
rude_NHS – A Hundred Sides
It's the debut album from Southampton's one-man DJ-producer-electroking rude_NHS and my oh my is it superb. There's a single glitch track in the middle that I can't say I've enjoyed so far, but I've only listened to it twice, so there's room to be brought round.
The high points for me are the second and final tracks ('Speak To One Another' and 'Van Jealous' respectively), the first of which is a handy revision tool for A-level Music Tech students as it tells you what MIDI stands for so many times that if you can't remember it, you frankly don't deserve the A-level.
The lovely people at Sotones are the only (I think) retailers currently selling the album, so I guess you'd better mosey on over to http://sotones.co.uk/?page_id=1293 and buy it. It's a mere £7 which is a bargain for an album of this calibre. I'm not sure what Sotones' policy is, but I imagine DJs could (and should) use this material in their sets as well.
Edit: Ooh, and great news! It's on Spotify! Hurrah!
j.r.
No comments:
Post a Comment