Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Hope for Japan

I know there are dozens of things telling you to give money to Japan for their rebuilding operation, and I imagine that a lot of you are getting to a point of saturated apathy.

However, I am about to tell you to donate some money to the Japan effort! What a hypocrite I am! Seriously though, on the following Bandcamp page, the deal is that you donate upwards of US$5 (which at current rates is £3 or as close as makes no difference) and in return, 36 bands and artists have uploaded one of their songs, which come together to make a nice big compilation with pretty artwork!

Hope For Japan Cover Art

Told you so! And, as if the helping people, pretty artwork, and sheer quantity of music wasn't enough, you can rest assured that the quality of the music is very good; admittedly I'm only on track 3, but all three have been some pretty cool soundscapey ambient post-rock tracks (Explosions In The Sky stylee). And if you're an audiophile like me (which I doubt many of you are), you can download the tracks in lovely lovely better-than-CD-quality FLAC format!

Enough of my ramblings! Go here and buy it:


You have no excuse! If you don't buy it and then I catch you going into Starbucks I will have words!

j.r.

No comments: