
On Joyful Wings - Seven Swans Reimagined
"Oh no!" I hear you cry, "it's a compilation!" But fear not, dear readers! I would not have purchased a compilation/cover album unless I thought it was fully necessary. So basically, this is a load of artists re-hashing Sufjan Steven's first album Seven Swans.
The track that really stands out for me is (as with the original album) The Transfiguration, the covering artist for this song being David Crowder and his band - of whom I have previously openly felt little love for. But as well that one, there are some other extremely well.
Two other quick additions to a list of reasons to buy this album: it's for charity (yay), and the front cover is one of the most beautiful pieces of album artwork I've seen in a while. On that front, I actually wish it was a physical release as well, just to see what else the artist has come up with. That's just by the way.
A final reason to listen to it, which leads to my conclusion, is that this album is free to stream (as well as buy and download as MP3, FLAC, or whatever else) here: http://onjoyfulwings.bandcamp.com/album/seven-swans-reimagined
No comments:
Post a Comment