Delays – Star Tiger Star Ariel
An indie 'dream-pop' band that hail, I recently discovered, from Southampton. One member is actually cousins with a guy at my church. Small world, considering I discovered this band through a friend who is Irish and lives in London. Anyway, onto music!
The opening is rather lovely, centring over a slightly haunting keyboard part, and to me seemed like a bit of a trip away from their earlier indie rock ventures (listen to 2006's You See Colours), but the following tracks move back to more familiar territory for Delays fans.
Some of the songs are a little samey on this album, but that's not to say they aren't good. The music is obscure, but not so intense or dissonant that you couldn't put it on in a public setting with people who don't listen to indie music. A good word to describe it, I think, would be 'friendly'. Yes. I'm going to stick to that.
As always, give it a listen, make your own judgements!
j.r.
No comments:
Post a Comment