Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Stolen

One of the regular topics on this blog used to be human trafficking, something I feel very strongly about. But of late, I haven't felt that burning, passionate anger about it that I did a few months ago. However, that hasn't stopped me from keeping in the loop as regards anti-trafficking news (usually via the fantastic people at Stop The Traffik).

One of the latest developments in raising awareness of human trafficking was the one-off BBC One drama Stolen, which aired on Sunday night. It's extremely encouraging to see mainstream companies putting substantial funding into a production such as this one, and I think it has paid off. Twitter was buzzing during (and just after) the broadcast, and I was spammed by three charities off the back of using the #Stolen hashtag. Slightly irritating, but a good strategy nonetheless.

If you didn't see it on Sunday, and are in the UK, it is still available on BBC iPlayer until this coming Sunday, so you've still got a few more days to go and watch it. What are you waiting for?

Edit: Here's a teaser trailer that the BBC kindly allow you to embed [spoiler alert!]:


j.r.

No comments: