When I was a guest at camp, there were of course similar budding relationships among my fellow guests, but there was a key difference (in my mind), and that is this: the most any two people would do was prolonged hugging or sitting very close on the sofas in the games room, or occasionally hold hands (but that was a rarity).
There was an occasion when I was 14, when two guests my age had kissed, and all of us were appalled. I have no idea what the team thought – I assume they knew (considering I know about this year's little romance.
Twelve-year-olds kissing. Concerns me a little, I must say.
Thoughts?
j.r.
[[Edit: This is unrelated, but still worth mentioning, that it's not only the guests who get together at camp. Later this month I am going to the wedding of two long-standing members of team. Splendid!]]
1 comment:
I am rather embarrassed but feel obliged after reading this to let you in on a little secret of mine, the fact of the matter is. My first kiss was at camp as a guest in my second year in think? So I must have been 12.
I don't think the team knew about it, in fact, I think the only person that did know was another guest who walked in on it. (Unless of course, he told anyone, which I assume he did.)
I don't really have much to say about the rest of your post though. These things happen... also, I was completely un-aware of this taking place and would like to know who it involved? haha.
Maybe too young.. yes.
L x
Post a Comment