Sunday, 31 October 2010

Hallowe'en

I just stumbled across this article while catching up on the world outside the campus boundary.


My initial reaction was one of "oh not another on that the media have picked up on" but I think that the BBC may have misquoted the Bishop of Ludlow on this occasion. In Fair Oak, we throw a party every year and we call it The Light Party. I get the feeling that this article has twisted words a little (at least I hope they have) as I don't think the bishop wants us to throw a Hallowe'en party as much as a party for Jesus at Hallowe'en. If that makes sense.

The last line of that article pairs up rather well with a song that I just listen to as well:
"The love of God is stronger than the power of Death."

John Mark McMillan, 'Dress Us Up', from the album Medicine. If you haven't heard that album, I recommend you go and listen to it (it's on Spotify).

I'm off at a tangent now, so that'll be all

~J.R.

No comments: