Friday, 8 October 2010

As promised earlier

A couple more videos. Both of these have been features on my Facebook page in the past days and months respectively.

The first is a DVD by Rob Bell that you should all watch (or buy - I intend to when I have money). I'm posting it as a link rather than an embedded video as it's on Google Vids and starts loading as soon as it you open the page, and I don't want to waste your bandwidth. It's about an hour and a quarter, and it's worth putting that much time aside (maybe a little more) to watch it in one go:


The second video is a lot shorter (about six minutes runtime) and is about the song How He Loves that featured on a Jesus Culture album, and was hugely popular at the Soul Survivor summer festivals this year, but was written by John Mark McMillan, who is not affiliated with either as far as I'm aware. At the time of the festivals, there was a lot of discussion in our camp (and, unusually, it was a literal camp) as to whether the song was a 'worship' song. I feel that this video sheds a little light on the answer to that question.


I hope you enjoy them both. My journal has a note telling me to re-watch Everything Is Spiritual and take notes on it - apparently I really enjoyed it!

~J.R.

No comments: