Sunday, 26 June 2011

Sunday CD Project

I feel I'm not using this blog to its full potential. I'll try to start posting stuff more frequently than I have of late (see late last year for an idea of the frequency I'm after). In the meantime, here is my weekly album review:

Bon Iver – Bon Iver
Those of you who know me or follow me on Twitter will know that the New York Times were streaming this a few weeks ago, prior to its release on Monday, and that I was quite excited about it. I was so excited, in fact, that as an end-of-exams present, I bought myself the vinyl collectors' edition. It came with an awkwardly-sized poster that I'm searching for a frame for. It's very pretty.
The album itself is, absolutely honestly, one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I would say it's currently leading the race for my favourite album of the year (which is insane, considering some of the other records that have come out this year).
It's hard to pinpoint my favourite parts of the album, but 'Perth', 'Holocene', and 'Beth, Rest' are particularly lovely.
Hearing this has genuinely inspired me to start writing songs again, something which I've never been particularly good at, but I've been wanting to get good at for ages. Watch this space.
Uh, so, yeah. Go listen to this album? Cool.

j.r.

No comments: