Monday, 20 December 2010

Sunday CD

Last week's Sunday CD hadn't arrived by Saturday afternoon, when I departed from uni, so that one will be reviewed in the new year. Today, however, I took a trip to Winchester, and bought a replacement in HMV (2 for £10). So, I bought The Usual Suspects on DVD and . . .

Baby Darling Doll Face Honey by Band Of Skulls

I'd been aware of Band Of Skulls since their earlier days – when they were known as FleeingNewYork, then just SKULLS, and were signed to Sotones, who are a super-awesome co-operative label based in Southampton – but I'd never hugely been into them and they'd faded into the back of my mind. However, I was told that they were at the Sotones Christmas party this year and that a) they rocked and b) they thought nato rocked, which is two things that made me want to give them a go.
Really cool, fuzzy bass, generally pleasing to listen to. Kind of like the White Stripes but more English and with talent (saying that, I do like the White Stripes)

~J.R.

No comments: