Sunday, 27 November 2011

Sunday CD Project


65daysofstatic – Silent Running
65 have finally done a film score. On Friday night I had the pleasure of watching the film with the post-rock four-piece performing their reimagined soundtrack to the 1972 sci-fi epic live. It was an experience, I music say.
The soundtrack on its own is a stunning piece of work; it naturally has a different vibe from 65's previous albums, incorporating themes and motifs for various characters and scenes, yet it still holds on to something that makes it very much "65 doing a soundtrack" rather than "a soundtrack that happens to be by 65."
The release was only on vinyl and digital download, and I believe the vinyls have all gone now (chur, I have one).
The one downside is that there isn't a DVD release of any sort (due to copyright reasons), but I am soon to embark upon a project of lining up the 65 soundtrack with a DVD rip based on notes I took on Friday, so watch this space! In the meantime, go and listen to 65daysofstatic! They're mint.

j.r.

No comments: