Tim Hughes is a friend of mine. He sings and plays guitar. No, it's not that Tim Hughes. As a musician, he is part of a collective in Southampton known as Resident Alien, and has (to my knowledge) released an album - Haberdashery, on which I did a bit of mixing while on work experience - and an EP - Songs In A Day, which is fantastic - and is next month releasing a new album, entitled Christmas is for life (not just for Christmas). It is because of the publicity for this album that I rediscovered his blog, which I previously ignored (not being a reading type of person), but have just had a little look at, and lo and behold, it turns out we both seem to share a passion for tackling poverty (albeit slightly different aspects).
Anyway, if you go into his archive, and go back to October and the start of this month, you can read a six-part commentary on some intriguing topics. I'm not saying I completely agree with what he puts forward, but I didn't disagree with anything on first read.
Read on:
~J.R.
No comments:
Post a Comment